Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Heuer Found/Watch & Patent Chronograph? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
14 of Ehrhardt's Trademark book.

Well, took me forever, but I found the company, it's the Old Tag Heuer, and the watch below DOES have the Heuer Trademark. It's has a few pieces, (hands) and will need repair, but is actually working!!!
I know nothing at all about these, but I liked it.
See the references below this post.

Sheila

Heuermovementw

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
Heuer Trademarks

Sheila

Heuermarks

posted
The one on this watch bad picture.
Says patented on movement under this Mark

Sheila

Heuerpatented

posted
Dial

Sheila

Heuerdialw

posted
Hands

Sheila

Heuerpartsw

posted
Under Dial

Sheila

Heuerunderdialw

posted
Got the movement! It's a Heuer for sure! (Tag Heuer)The picture isn't that good, really small and the glare problems make it terrible.

It's a LION!!! looked like a mans head before!lolol Big Grin Eek Big Grin

Sheila

heuer Bigw1

posted
Really old post but I had to bring it back to see if anyone has ever seen the Lion on top of the world Trademark. This post is from 2004 and my photos are really bad, but that is all I have right now.

I did write to them back then, but lost the e-mail they sent me, but I never did get much on it, because someone else was going to help me, and that is when Russell went into the hospital and all was lost at that point.

I have never found another one like it, and I know it's a very early one, so let me know if you know about it, or have ever seen it ok?
Thanks everyone,
Sheila

Sheila

posted
Hi Sheila

The tradmark shows a lion sitting on top of a globe withe the banner 'TRADEMARK'.
This mark was registeer first dec 21. 1880 By Heuer, Lambelet & Cie , Biel switzerland and renewed jul 10. 1886 by Edouard Heuer (same location). I think the name of the manufacture changed.
I will try to find more about your watch. It is very likely from the 1880s and a simple chonograph or timer. Those old and simple chronographs had no register (counting the minutes). The subseconds are running continously and the center seconds had a start/stop and flyback mechanism. they strongly resemble the british center second watches (doctors watch).

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009
posted
One thing I think is, that it was sold in the U.S. by Rose Watch Co. and they only sold Heuer's for about 10 years through them.

Thank you, and anything else you can tell me would be very helpful.
Bless,
Sheila

Sheila

posted
Sheila

Rose Watch company was a trademark used by Heuer and his american trader, juweler Henry Freund, New York used years later (~1910)

Your watch was made 1886 - 1888 ; after Lambelet left the firm when Heuers sister refused to marry him.
It is one of the very early watches with the 'oscilating pinion' - an invention made by Heuer and still in use in modern mechanical chronograph movements. It is the tiny pinion connecting the runing train with the multi teeth wheel on the center. The invention was first patented in Paris may 3rd 1887 and then by an US pat from feb 14th 1888. (this date is used to mark later movements)
Chronometer watches without minute counter were made only a short time and then left behind by the progressin of watchmaking.
On a closer look at the dial plate you can see small arcs marking the jewel centers. This indicates that the watch was srill made by hand fitting each jewel to its exact location to eliminate the tolerances of the wheels.

Regards
Gerald

Posts: 742 | Location: Wertheim in Germany | Registered: February 21, 2009