Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

John Harrison H4 reproduction by Pratt/Frodsham "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
I just came across this and thought I'd better share it. Did you know that a fellow named Derek Pratt began work on the reproduction of John Harrison's famous H4 chronometer in 1997? Well, apparently he continued until his death in 2009 at which time Charles Frodsham & Co. continued the project until its recent completion. The watch will be travelling to Australia and the USA in 2015 & 2016.

HERE is a link to the Frodsham web site which describes this project in good detail with beautiful images.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1736
posted
Wow

Posts: 2032 | Location: San Diego, California in the USA | Registered: August 30, 2012
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Have not a clue how to navigate that site . . .

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Took me a while too Dave,
One thing I did learn is that the small black dots below the pictures allows you to scroll through the pictures.

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011