Internet Horology Club 185
Omega PW

This topic can be found at:
https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2291010082/m/1421066303

February 20, 2008, 08:40
Terry Pitt
Omega PW
Would appreciate the group's view's on this one. I particularly like the 'Omega' symbol on the hands, keeps great time which given it dates from c. 1925 cannot be bad.

TJP
February 20, 2008, 08:42
Terry Pitt
No2

TJP
February 20, 2008, 08:43
Terry Pitt
No3

TJP
February 20, 2008, 08:44
Terry Pitt
Inside case back,

TJP
February 20, 2008, 09:45
Chris Abell
Hi Terry,

That is one of the best examples I have seen plus the great hand set, nice find.

However it really belongs in the USA Big Grin Smile
February 20, 2008, 10:11
Terry Pitt
Hi Chris

Couldn't part with it

It was a present form my beloved so the credit should really go to her, I was thinking we could do with a couple of Ball ORRS over here Roll Eyes, been reading up on the posts, wonderful wonderful watches

TJP
February 20, 2008, 13:31
David Abbe
I have been looking for this quality Omega for over a year now. I am happy that it is with one of "us". Ask your "better half" that if she sees any more of these little beauties to let you know so you can pass that on to us IHC185 "Yanks".
February 20, 2008, 14:08
Lindell V. Riddle

Wonderful example Terry! Cool Thanks for sharing it with us!

The circular damaskeening is similar to Ball watches, Smile the hands and all the details are great but that Aaron Lufkin Dennison 18K case Big Grin is the finishing touch!

Lindell

Wink

February 20, 2008, 15:45
Ben Hsiung
This Omega is one of the best I've seen from this period, and with the awesome hands, ALD case, and the very nice movement it's quite a find. Thanks for sharing this great watch!
February 20, 2008, 16:26
Terry Pitt
Thanks for your thoughts guys, it's really great to get a qualified opinion, like when I show my kids/friends etc all I get is 'Oh! Eek (long embarrassing pause!) 'That's nice!'.........! Confused
David, will have a word with Bobbie as she obviously has a knack with these things, might get her to look out for a Ball Hamilton!, am happy to take orders, you never know!!!
Lindell, I have been a bit of an Omega nut for years and must confess I didn't know the middle name of Dennison. Sir, you are without a doubt 'The Master'.

TJP
February 26, 2008, 21:14
Tony Dukes
Terry,
You have a keeper///// Smile
Tony
February 28, 2008, 15:48
John Woolsey
Gorgeous Omega Terry, good to see that real gems do keep turning up in the UK.

Your wife has a good eye too, maybe you should get her to take on some commission work Big Grin

Best regards

John