• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Omega PW "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Would appreciate the group's view's on this one. I particularly like the 'Omega' symbol on the hands, keeps great time which given it dates from c. 1925 cannot be bad.

TJP

Posts: 83 | Location: Sleepy Sussex, United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2008
posted
No2

TJP

Posts: 83 | Location: Sleepy Sussex, United Kingdom | Registered: February 14, 2008
posted
No3

TJP

posted
Inside case back,

TJP

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Hi Terry,

That is one of the best examples I have seen plus the great hand set, nice find.

However it really belongs in the USA Big Grin Smile

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
posted
Hi Chris

Couldn't part with it

It was a present form my beloved so the credit should really go to her, I was thinking we could do with a couple of Ball ORRS over here Roll Eyes, been reading up on the posts, wonderful wonderful watches

TJP

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I have been looking for this quality Omega for over a year now. I am happy that it is with one of "us". Ask your "better half" that if she sees any more of these little beauties to let you know so you can pass that on to us IHC185 "Yanks".

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Wonderful example Terry! Cool Thanks for sharing it with us!

The circular damaskeening is similar to Ball watches, Smile the hands and all the details are great but that Aaron Lufkin Dennison 18K case Big Grin is the finishing touch!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
This Omega is one of the best I've seen from this period, and with the awesome hands, ALD case, and the very nice movement it's quite a find. Thanks for sharing this great watch!

Posts: 19 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area USA | Registered: October 30, 2007
posted
Thanks for your thoughts guys, it's really great to get a qualified opinion, like when I show my kids/friends etc all I get is 'Oh! Eek (long embarrassing pause!) 'That's nice!'.........! Confused
David, will have a word with Bobbie as she obviously has a knack with these things, might get her to look out for a Ball Hamilton!, am happy to take orders, you never know!!!
Lindell, I have been a bit of an Omega nut for years and must confess I didn't know the middle name of Dennison. Sir, you are without a doubt 'The Master'.

TJP

IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Terry,
You have a keeper///// Smile
Tony

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
posted
Gorgeous Omega Terry, good to see that real gems do keep turning up in the UK.

Your wife has a good eye too, maybe you should get her to take on some commission work Big Grin

Best regards

John

Posts: 1282 | Location: Northern England, United Kingdom | Registered: January 07, 2006