Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The Webb C. Ball Co. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Can anyone tell me anything about this watch it,s marked The Webb C. Ball Co Cleveland Ohio. on the dial and movement .

It,s a 16 size that is very dirty looks to have been laying for years,it will run but is missing the stem..

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
the movement.

posted
Samie,

As a wild first guess, I'd say Longines. The balance cock/regulator and the click/barrel bridge are very similar to a Dietrich Gruen grade movement I have, but I don't know who made it for them.

Good luck,

Cary

Posts: 267 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama USA | Registered: December 12, 2005
IHC Life Member
Picture of Ethan Lipsig
posted
The movement is a C.H. Meylan. Rob Jones is auctioning off on eBAY a private label C.H. Meylan with an almost identical movement, as pictured below.

Meylan PL Auction

Posts: 1414 | Location: Pasadena, California USA | Registered: November 11, 2005
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
posted
Thanks Cary and Ethan for the help..

Ethan Thanks for the link that does answer my question about which company made the movement.

posted
Wonderful private label! I am so jealous!

Congratulations.

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004