• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Tiffany by Patek Ladies "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Gotta love this work.. Had to share this with you.. Seller was the great granddaugther of a fellow named Pierre Lorillard who owwned a horse named Iriquois who was the first American horse to ever win the Epsom Derby.

Hence the Bridal shaped bow.

Amzing.. Jeff Hess

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
posted
It is a minature.. about 22mm in total width..

Posts: 764 | Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USA | Registered: June 26, 2003
posted
Pics with my trusty 199 dollar Mavica 75 and regular old overhead light..

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Puttin' on my shades!

That defines "Take your breath away watch" in my dictionary!

Thanks a gazillion for showing that rascal.

What's that one worth Jeff?

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Wow Jeff what a beautiful watch Smile

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Don't know.

local dealer called me and said he needed 10 grand for a ladies pocket watch. I told him not to bother coming down. He did anyway. I bought it anyway.

Might lose money but it will not be the first time.

immediatly talked with Patek about abetting an extract from the archives about it...

Jeff, (wish I could keep them all) Hess Big Grin

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Jeff my goodness looks like the diamonds would figure up to a lot of money...The one in the center of the case looks great.. Big Grin

Posts: 3208 | Location: Monticello, Kentucky U.S.A. | Registered: June 24, 2004
posted
Is there any connection between the P. Lorilard who owned the watch and the P. Lorilard Tobacco Company? Tobacco may be Lorillard.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
It's the "same family" Pierre (peter) Lorilard (according to his granddaugther) was invovled it the tobacco industry

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Jeff,
Beautiful watch! Would you be kind enough to show us her movement? Estimate of date of manufacture? I love the bow. Love the history on the watch too!

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
Steph,

That is the one weak point of the watch! Fort he life of me I cannot figure out how this watch has such a mint case and almost pristine case adn such a beat up movement. Many hairline screwdriver scratches and one screw looks like it ws screwed down with a screwdriver about 2 mm too big..(a minor gouge). Weiord. WE are going to do our bet to make it look good. .. But the seling point is the case anyway..
(mvt is only about 16 mm wide!)
Jeff Hess

Picture of Stephanie O'Neil
posted
Jeff,
Thanks for showing us the movement! Very nice.

Keep us updated if/when you get requested info from Patek regarding your beautiful Tiffany & Co watch!

A guess to its age?

Stephanie O'Neil

Posts: 1419 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana USA | Registered: April 01, 2003
posted
1895??

Picture of Ged Pitchford
posted
Hello all, second try! Have traced Epsom Derby Winner 1881. As a matter of interest, the jockey Fred Archer, committed suicide at a very young age due to fighting a losing battle with his weight. The gun he used incidently is in the Newmarket Horse Racing Museum. Newmarket in the county of Suffolk is our hometown and birthplace. Just another piece of useless information!! It is also the headquarters of British Racing.

Posts: 909 | Location: Winterton-on-Sea Norfolk, England | Registered: February 17, 2003
posted
SO the lady ws telling the truth it seems.. her family was in the Tobacco biz adn the horse biz adn this watch wsa given as a memento after the horse won, hence teh bridal bow.

Now If only Patek would confirm that this is a Patek, I could justify the price I paid..

Otherwise it goes in the wifes collection (where all the womens stuff I overpay on goes....)

thanks! jeff

Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Jeff - did you ever get verification from Patek on your watch? Here is another Lorillard watch. This 14K oblong dress watch belonged to Pierre Lorillard's second son, Griswold. It is about 2" long and has a 9-ligne Waltham movement. It was made around 1915.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Justification or not......

IT'S GORGEOUS....

and women don't justify DIAMONDS!!!!!!!!!

They just buy them!!!!!!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Seriously, I would have to consider the movement at $10,000.00 but it's the diamanods, and the unique shape of the bow that would sell me on this watch.

STUNNING!!!!!

PSS The Tiffany name doesn't hurt any either.

Sheila

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004