• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hi-Grade Swiss Movement...Help Please "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Anyone know much about this movement? It is a very nice Hi grade swiss. I haven't examined it all that closely yet, but it should be a 23J or 25J. I haven't had a chance to take the dial off yet. I tried searching for Drox Teannot on the intenet, but found nothing. I figured someone on here would know the name, so here are some pics.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Close up of jewel settings.

posted
Close up

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Adam,

I think you'll have more luck looking under "Jeannot" (that's how I read the engraving).

I googled that and found a reference to Paul Jeannot of Geneva making watches circa 1870.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Ed,

Thanks! Will go check it out.

Adam

Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
The other name is Droz also.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Thanks for the information. I think I better go get some glasses. Big Grin I guess thats why I stay away from Swiss items for the most part. Easier to read Hamilton and Illinois Razz

posted
Very nice looking movement Adam. How big is it?
It almost looks like a two barrel mv't but, that jewel near the stem, is it on a winding gear?
-Cort

Posts: 536 | Location: El Cerrito, California U.S.A. | Registered: October 04, 2004
posted
Cort,

It is currently on my bench, but I would guess between 18s and 20s. I believe it has 2 barrels and may be 8 day, but do not know for sure. I will be looking at it more closely tomorrow.

Adam

posted
Interesting pallet. Anyone know why it has those little tails sticking off each side? Just for looks?

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006
Picture of Jerry Treiman
posted
Those little tails (or moustache) were added to poise the pallet fork around the arbor. An un-poised pallet fork could conceivable have the greatest effect when a watch is in the various vertical positions, but it seems that most manufacturers ultimately concluded that the benefits of a poised pallet fork did not outweigh (figuratively speaking) the negative effects of the additional mass of the poising extensions.

Posts: 1455 | Location: Los Angeles, California USA | Registered: January 14, 2003
posted
Thanks Jerry. I have been enlightened!

Posts: 95 | Location: Pembroke Pines, Florida USA | Registered: January 16, 2006