Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Swiss Record Ball watches "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1110
posted
Another question I have about Ball RR watches:Judging by this Ball forum, it seems that there is very little or no interest in the Swiss later model Ball by Record Watch Co. grades.While I realize that they don't have the style and fine finish of the ones made here in the good old USA,they still look like a nice high- grade railroad.When you see one for sale on Ebay, or anywhere else, they go for what seems like a lot of money.Is this just my imagination, or are they in demand at all?I had bid on one once a few years ago, a movement only, no dial or hands, and if I remember right, it went for well over a hundred bucks.Are these more rare than American Ball models? Thanks!...Ted.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Member 1110
posted
I guess this proves the point-almost a month posted here, and not one answer!Seems like no interest in Swiss-made Ball models.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Ted,

I think you're right about there being less collector interest in the the Swiss-made railroad pocket watches that the major makers sold at the end, Ball included.

As far as questions and answers, you will probably get more responses if you post in Pocket Watch Discussions.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004