WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen Building pocket calendar "Click" to Login or Register 
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
I had misplaced this calendar card years ago, and it showed up in one of my files, it commemorates the Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen Building in Cleveland built in 1921 and opened in 1925.

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
The back side says "Compliments of Webb C Ball Watch Co. 1110 Euclid Avenue Cleveland, O" with a 1925 calendar.

IHC Member 665
posted
Larry

That is a great item. Last year I managed to take this photograph of the mural that can be seen in the engraving on your card.

Posts: 209 | Location: East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia | Registered: December 31, 2005
Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Great photo John, good to see that the building has survived, not like the Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers building that was torn down to build a Marriott hotel.

My June 1909 Railroad Trainmen's Journal Directory shows Division 773 located in Moulten, Iowa and represented trainmen on the Chicago and Southwestern Railway. The Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen's Fourth Triennial Convention held in Cleveland in 1925 and shows the B of RT Building on the front this badge from McManus Lodge Moulton, Iowa was worn by Delegate W.F. Wendt.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Close-Up of Building

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
History of the railway in 1871, the Burlington and Southwestern (B&SW) proposed to build a line through Unionville, Missouri. The line would start in Viele, Iowa and run West through Farmington, Bloomfield, Moulton, Cincinnati and Unionville. Moulten became a village in 1867. In 1873, the Burlington and Southwestern Railway was built to the settlement, and traversed the lower part of the state going westward. I then headed south west crossing into Missouri at Mendota through Unionville and terminated at Carrollton. The railway was abandoned in the 1940s.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Close-up of the back of the badge With inscription.

Their Charter was recalled and was re-issued in July 1940 as the E.F. Swan Lodge in Elkhart, Indiana representing trainmen on the New York Central (West) Yard.