Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ball Illinois Question "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi all,
Just bought this Ball watch. Sold as a Ball Illinois, but can not find it in the guide.
Is it in fact a Ball Illinois or a Ball Waltham, or something else.
Thanks for any help.
Bill

Posts: 1278 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: May 19, 2008
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Bill,

It's listed on page 157 under 12-size Ball watches. It's a non-railroad grade, pendant-set model made by Illinois.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Thanks Ed,
There it is, I guess my eyes aren't as good anymore.
Can you tell me the production date of this watch, or lead me to the resource that should tell me this ?
Thanks,
Bill

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hello Bill,

If I read your movement number correctly as B405627 it would fit neatly into the B400001 through B408000 that was Ball-Illinois 12-size production numbers.

We have additional information at this topic...

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...1060351/m/6641048923

Once there follow the links provided for more you may find interesting.

These are high quality watches featuring beautiful dials and cases. Due to the Ball marketing strategy of having major companies make watches to their specifications it can take a bit of research to sort it out but those references should help.

Congratulations on a nice acquisition!

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Lindell,
Thanks for the kind words and information.
I will read the articles and items relating to this watch. As you state it has a unique dial, and square hole hands (3). Dial is a little worn, but think I will leave it as original. It has a Wadsworth Ball Model 14K GF case.
Thanks,
Bill