• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Accomodation "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I really find the history of these watches fascinating. So I was wondering in 1891 what type of watch was the engineer of the Accomodation using?

Posts: 31 | Location: Houston, Texas in the USA | Registered: February 18, 2008
posted
Its more a matter of legend nowadays. Most tales blame it on the conductor, but a lot blame the station engineer. None blame the locomotive engineer.

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
posted
Thanks Bill, I grew up in Ohio and my Dad was in the Air Force and then went to work for the railroad. He told us his stories often. I was not blaming, Its the conductors job, but I always understood the engineers watch stopped for a few minutes and the conductor did'nt check his watch. I was just curious. I guess this is why the position adjustment is so important?

Posts: 31 | Location: Houston, Texas in the USA | Registered: February 18, 2008
posted
Google kipton and train and you can browse thru different versions of whose watch stopped for 4 minutes.

I am no watch mechanic but I don't think position adjustments would actualy stop a watch.

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004