Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My First Ball Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Hi All,
I just won this Ball Commercial Standard movement and was after a bit of information about it if possible.
I'm after the year and production numbers.
Also I would like to fit a different ball dial, is this possible.
This being my first Ball I am a bit at sea.
Cheers
Gary

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Here is a picture of the dial.

Posts: 340 | Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: September 10, 2009
IHC Member 48
Picture of Keith Klimkowicz
posted
Hi Gary

I would not change anything on this watch. It is a 15j Waltham-Ball Commercial Standard with the proper dial and hands. I would just clean the dial and put in a nice period correct case.

Regards
Keith

Posts: 856 | Location: North Ridgeville, Ohio USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Gary,

I agree completely with Keith's assessment.

Best advice would be to not change the dial unless you find one identical to it in better condition. The dial is absolutely original, it can be very carefully cleaned and you will be amazed at the result, especially once it is under glass. All three hands are entirely correct as well.

Ball-Waltham number B0261251 is from a 1902 production run.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Gary Dutton
posted
Keith & Lindell,
Thanks for your comments and I will keep the dial as is, so now this leads me to the case what style of case is period to this watch.
Cheers
Gary