WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

STOLEN PATEK 119340 - Negative Ebay Feedback and the watch was stolen "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hi,

I sold in Ebay an Stolen Patek Philippe Chonometro Gondolo 18k gold Serial number: 119340 to an buyer from Dubai.

The watch was stolen when left Brazil or arrived in Dubai postal office.

The money of the buyer was refunded but he left a negative feedback. I tried that Ebay removes this feedback but with the new rules the seller never has reason.

The first photo is of the watch sold and the second is the box. The photo of box I took in the postal office. I am recuse to receive this empty box.

Cheers,

Paulo

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Paulo,

Welcome to IHC185. All you can do now is point out that the money was refunded in the "reply" portion of your negative feedback.

Best Regards,

Ed

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Welcome Aboard Paulo!

It is sad to see what happened to you and the loss of your beautiful watch.

The most important thing is we have the watch pictures and movement number showing up in both "Pitfalls" and in "Stolen Watches" with this topic. If possible also post a picture showing the number here in this same topic for additional coverage. Having these excellent images provides the best hope for eventual recovery.

Our IHC185 Lost and Stolen Watches Forum shows up in searches.

Lindell

Wink

posted
Hi Lindell,

Thanks by welcome.

Bellow is some photos of the watch.

Paulo

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Just an absolutely gorgeous watch.
Such a shame to have stolen. I feel the pain.
Was the name engraved a jeweler from the time in Rio? I hope there was some insurance on this watch?
I am afraid of more and more mailing thefts as times remain hard. I have already decided to not mail out of the states[as theft is bad enough right here in the good ole US of A]
I DO mail everything INSURED and if its substantial[as your Pateke was] then it will go REGISTERED/INSURED.
If our mailing systems would do the right thing, there would be cameras covering the entire process, and we would all benefit!!
I hope your watch turns up, its such a joy to observe its intricate beauty!
regards,
bb

posted
quote:
Was the name engraved a jeweler from the time in Rio?

Hi Buster,

Gondolo & Labouriau was an jewelery in Rio de Janeiro that was been a PPC partner in about 1870/80 .
You can see in this link The return of a legend, the Chronometro Gondolo an brief history and in the PPC museum link.

Cheers,

Paulo

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
What a beauty of a watch , and what a loss !! I will never be able to afford such a thing , but love looking at watches of such quality and beauty!! I have had problem buyers on eBay. Usually if you give them a negative feedback (on the positive feedback side as that is all they allow) eBay will remove it. However I recently had a buyer from france bid a large amount for a camera and not pay. I gave him negative comments on the positive eBay feedback,made a complaint to eBay , and a few weeks later he was no longer on eBay. I guess i'm also saying ,give him a neg comment on his positive compulsory. Till they remove it you can smile. They used to have (still have ?)a mutual retraction of feedback by voluntary agreement??? On refund of payment a decent buyer would agree to that in a heartbeat !! Wish you could give him a Neg,then I'd see it and likely refuse to sell to him .

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
I should have added the camera went the first time for $660,then on re-listing ,$255,talk about a bummer ,LOL

IHC Life Member
Master Watchmaker
Picture of Sham Agayev
posted
Hi Paulo. Was the box insured?
That is what I do not like about sending to other countries. My recommendation to you, use fedex shipping and insure for a $1000.00. It may be costly for you but at least you will be in much safer hands. If box is out of US, USPS will not track it I believe. What a shame. Sorry about your loss.
Welcome to 185.

Sham Agayev, CMW

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Welcome to IHC185 Paulo and I wish your initial post wasn't about the terrible loss of such a beautiful Patek. I sincerely hope that you can collect on an insurance claim to at least recover your monetary loss. All of us here will keep an eye out for your watch. And with a little bit of good luck, maybe it will show up somewhere and you can get it back.

In the meantime, we would love to hear and see about your other watches!

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Paolo; what is you eBay seller name ,and perhaps we can do some business with you, thank you,tom

http://shop.ebay.com/uncle_toms_cabin/m.html

posted
I ship all over the world & have not had any problems since I started shipping everything USPS Priority Express (signature required). I charge a flat $35.00 for this. Some countries cost as little as $28.00, some cost $33.00. I don't think one has cost me more than $35.00, so that is a safe figure for me. Still can not insure it, but it has worked for me.

posted
Hello,

I will post the watches from my collection, the better thing is to forget this watch.

My nick in Ebay is tempusvivendi at the moment I have some items for sell.

I sell in Ebay and use the paypal credit in account balance to purchase watches and pens for my collection.

Paulo