Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

experience w/ Magyar Posta? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
posted
I have a watch en route from Hungary. Magyar Posta says "left the country". USPS says "originating post is preparing shipment". Both of these events are now about 9 days old. Both agree that it made it to Budapest, where it was processed through the sorting facility.

When do I start to worry? Is this sort of delay typical?

Kenneth Sloan

Picture of Dave Turner
posted
Kenneth,
I've shipped a couple of times to Romania lately, but not from. And my experience is that the tracking number is useless after it leaves the US. And it takes about 3 to 4 weeks to get there.
Not sure what would be expected coming this way.
But, I wouldn't worry too much. Just expect it to take a while.

Dave Turner

posted
Kenneth

Have you tried 17 Track to see if any further information can be obtained?

IHC Life Member
posted
update: the package made it to Customs in NYC. It had been stalled at AMS for about 2 weeks! Magyar Posta did their part - now we wait to see if USPS does theirs...

Kenneth Sloan

IHC Life Member
posted
And...it's now at my local PO "ready for pickup". I'm guessing that means I may owe some import duty? In any event, I'm on the road, and will pick it up Monday. I think we can stop the clock.

Kenneth Sloan