WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

CLEAN 992B IN STAINLESS CASE (STOLEN IN THE MAIL!) "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Ok Samie and Phillip you all said I should try posting a few. Here is a nice clean 992B which looks to be all original. This watch is out of my personal collection and thought I would try to see what kind of attention I get from it. The Hamilton experts are welcome to comment on it but I believe it to be all original. I posted several pics so you can see how clean it is. I never use the "M" word but this is cleaner than a lot of watches I have seen that others call "mint". The watch runs smoothly and keeps time although I have never had it timed so I can't say exactly how accurate it is. I also do not know the last service date so if this is to be a keeper I still recommend getting it serviced some time. I am not sure if the hands are factory original since I always thought the factory hands had the steel center on the minute hand (maybe expert can comment) These stainless steel cases are one of my favorites to carry since they are so rugged and have a great look to them (my opinion). The movement is clean with no screwdriver slips or other issues. The case is sharp with only minimum micro scratches on the back cover that could be polished off but hey this was one of my carry watches. The crystal is glass and is very clean. The melamine dial is clean with no crazing but if you look closely you will see what I am guessing is a couple light scuff marks. I am not sure if the marks on the dial will clean off and they are so light it almost is not worth mentioning but I always try to tell it as I see it. The bow is still stiff and holds itself in any position you put it in. The crown is still crisp with almost no wear. Remember if you ever buy a watch from me on this site (or on Ebay) I offer a full money back guarantee if you are not happy with it for any reason. I am asking $330 which includes priority shipping anywhere to USA. If this sells well I probably will be offering more nice RR watches. I like to move watches and also sell a lot of watches privately so I probably wont keep it here long. If anyone wants to see more pictures please ask and I will try to post for you. I am starting to get to many 992 watches so time to thin out a few. I have two others just like this and only can carry one at a time plus I have a few others which I like to switch around.

IHC Life Member
posted

IHC Life Member
posted
crown and bow area

IHC Life Member
posted
bottom SS marking

IHC Life Member
posted
Back cover outside

IHC Life Member
posted
Inside back cover

IHC Life Member
posted
Movement

IHC Life Member
posted
another movement angle

IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
I'm positively amazed this one is still here! Eek

If I had the money, I'd have snapped it up as soon as Robert hit 'submit' on the posting! Roll Eyes Wink

Regards! Mark

IHC Life Member
posted
Its ok Mark it is a tough economy right now and some just dont like the stainless steel cases like I do. Maybe I should have posted one in a BOC case instead.

IHC Life Member
posted
Arrrgh!
Please send me the details, Robert.
Thanks,
Bob

IHC Life Member
posted
quote:
Arrrgh!
Please send me the details, Robert.
Thanks,
Bob

Bob are you wanting this watch or more info on it. You can email me at gawatch1@windstream.net Remember if for any reason you are not happy with it just return it. But I try to be honest and upfront about my watches.

IHC Life Member
posted
I do want it, email on the way!
Bob

IHC Life Member
posted
Ok Bob, I will mark it sold then. Thanks

IHC Life Member
posted
Anyone who sees this 992B watch movement C335020 or model 15 case R187102 come up for sale let me know as I just received an empty box back in the mail today. It was obviously stolen out of the box as the ends were ripped off and the box flattened.

IHC Member 376
Watchmaker
Picture of Samie L. Smith
posted
Rob that.s terrible i hate a crook. Mad

IHC Life Member
posted
Yes luckily it was one of the few I have sent that had insurance on it. I already refunded Bob and now its just a matter of getting my money out of post office, which may take a while.

IHC Life Member
posted
It does make me rethink on shipping everything with insurance. Lucky for me the post master took everything and said she would take care of everything for me since she said I have enough on my shoulders with my loss as she could se I was a emotional wreck already.

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
That's a shame Rob, I've had watches stolen from me too, so I know how you feel. I have burned C335020 into my memory & will keep my eye out for it.

Best Regards,

Ed

Picture of Mary Ann Scott
posted
Rob - So sorry to learn of the theft of this watch.
Hopefully it will be recovered soon.

And I am especially sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

I'll be keeping an eye out for movement C335020 and R187102 case.

IHC Life Member
posted
Thanks Mary I made it through 5 years ago when I lost my wife so I will make it through this in time. Thanks everyone for your prayers.