Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Sterling model, dial correct? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
Here is Waltham, Sz 18, C.A. 1885, 7j, Sterling model. Does the dial look authentic?

Posts: 345 | Location: Racine, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2010
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted

[Movement number: 2671711]

Posts: 345 | Location: Racine, Wisconsin in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2010
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
3 Comments?

Picture of Donald Hawes
posted

Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
I would welcome any and all comments about this watch.

Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
Authentic, yes, but correct? By 1885, Waltham had their name on the dial (early A.T. & Co. watches often aren't named.) And the seconds bit is unusual for that date and time, with just the quarter-hours, which are hand-written, and something I personally like - but another sign of an earlier dial.

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
posted
I believe he dial is correct. Waltham (and other makers) used unmarked dials on their low grade movements. The Sterling and Broadway movements don't say American watch company, just Waltham Mass. Check out dials on Broadway movements as well and you can see unmarked ones.

Posts: 486 | Location: Arizona in the USA | Registered: March 13, 2010
Picture of Ken Habeeb
posted
And I believe what you say, Kevin. I know little about those Waltham grades.

kh

Posts: 921 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: March 25, 2013
Picture of Donald Hawes
posted
Gentleman, Thanks for the info.

Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Nice looking Waltham, I think the dial is correct, the hands I think have been replaced.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007