• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

3 or 4 foot dial? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
hello all. is there somewhere I can find out about the dials for 990, 992 and 992B ? in particular which dials had 3 feet and which ones had 4? and also, is "feet" the correct term for the posts on the back of the dials? thanks

Posts: 458 | Location: Norfolk, Virginia in the USA | Registered: July 24, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi Joe

I think foot or feet is acceptable. I know there are others will more detailed information but I think the change happened around serial number 872000, at least from notes I wrote down.

So the 990 & 992 came with both the 3 & the 4. The 992B was after the change so it is a 3 foot dial.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Joe, if you have the watch, take it out and count the dial screws around the perimerter of the movement. If you are looking at a watch, USUALLY the watches with 2 screws holding on the winding wheel are 4 foot and the single screw winding wheel models are 3 foot dials.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
thanks guys. that was just what I was looking for. now for my follow on question, can a 3 foot dial go on a watch that has a 4 foot dial and vice-versa? thanks.

Posts: 458 | Location: Norfolk, Virginia in the USA | Registered: July 24, 2009
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
Hi Joe,
They are not interchangable.
Regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009