Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Railway Special Dial? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
A fellow eBayer sent me a picture of a Waltham Railway Special railroad-style dial, which he believes to be authentic, having seen a picture of it in one of Roy Ehrhardt's books. Anyway, I told him I would post it at IHC to try to find out more about it. Waltham experts??

Waltham RWS Dial

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Hi Ed -

Looks fine to me, I have seen a few others like it with this marking and sunk seconds-bit. Most of these I have seen have been on typical factory marked RR watches, Vanguards and 645's.

Fred

IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Thanks Fred. Would the movements or cases of these watches also be marked "Railway Special" or just the dial?

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
From those I have seen Ed it has been just the dial that is marked.

Fred

IHC Member 274
Life Member 27
Picture of Jack Goldstein
posted
Very nice dial, seldom seen.
Jack

Posts: 465 | Location: Tontitown, Arkansas USA | Registered: July 25, 2003
posted
I have the same dial on a 645 in a waltham case i believe

Posts: 185 | Location: Sedro Wooley, Washington USA | Registered: January 02, 2003