• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info wanted on Hamilton 940 case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

I have this Hamilton 940 18 size and it's in a 10k gold rolled plate Illinios watch case co case no other screw marks at another forum some one said it was not the original case I know back in the day when you could buy one of these babies brand new you could pick the movement and the case I think it is original I trust this forum than other's what is your judgment is it original or recased some time in it's life when I got this I did a dumb thing I winded it up the mainspring broke thank god it did no damage I had it serviced and it working great and it had that green color around the stem by the crown like it was sitting in some one's draw for a long time before I had it service.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Mike, as the movement came from the "long stemmed cvase" days, it is my guess the movement was re-cased in this case when it neded it sometime in the mid-late 20's.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007