• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton Model #22 US Navy BU-1942 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Gents I need some $$$$$$ advice on what I shouldn't pay for the following watch... I'm being offered a Model #22 21J Hamilton with the usual markings US Navy Bu ships 1942. The watch is not gimbled, it is the pocket watch version with the original inner and outer wood boxes, the outer box has the original leather strap. The over all condition is very good to excellent. The wood boxes show normal wear, the inside green felt is perfect in both. The watch itself has a few light scuffs on the rear case cover (also having Navy inscriptions), the dial has a few scuff marks also. The movement is mint, no jewelers marks, the balance is perfect in the flat with a good beat. When I look in the fat book it only has a price for the pocket watch itself with no mention of having the wood boxes. The "box" is only mentioned on the gimbled version. Anyone want to throw a ball park $$$ at me?

Posts: 311 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I sold one with both boxes about a year ago on-line auction, I got about $1000. I have seen them go for more but also a little less, just depends on how many people are after it.

If you look at ended auction for a Hamilton Model 22 there are ones with the inner box selling for $760, $935., $1469.

The one with both boxes went for $1849

Just the cased watch went for $879., $776., $999., $876.

Just the inner box with no watch $195., $305., $217., $99.

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
This one sold for $1900.00 on eBay last week;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
THANKS ALL!!!!

Posts: 311 | Location: New Jersey in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2011