Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hampden question "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I'm curious about the fact that this 11 jewel watch has a patent regulator.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
I apologize for the file size, I still trying to get a handle on adding pics. I thought I had it reduced.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
posted
FWIW

I am not sure I am competent to answer, but the Arnold Hernick book shows several model 3 18 sz 11 j with patented regulator including Deuber and no 65.

Happy hunting,

Posts: 881 | Location: Arroyo Grande, California USA | Registered: February 22, 2004
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Gary,

Hampden used the Teske's Patent Regulator on many of their 18-size watches for a number of years without regard to the specifics of the watch.

As Bill explained, your 1449151 is close to 1449227 which is in the Hampden Book as 18-size, 11-Jewel, Open-Face, Nickel, Model 3, Lever-Set, Unadjusted, Grade 65 on page 138 of the listings. I have several Hampdens with that regulator.

Oh, and I downsized your picture. Smile

Hope that helps,

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002