• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Columbus Gold Hands--Original? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
This 21J Columbus King has gold-colored fleur de lis hands. I have never seen a Columbus with these before. Do you think they could be original?

Posts: 156 | Location: Columbus, Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2011
posted
I have two or three other Columbus 21J Columbus Kings. They have blued hands. I must say, the gold hands look quite elegant on this super-clean example, which looks like it just came from the factory.

Posts: 156 | Location: Columbus, Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 16, 2011
posted
They do look stunning on a Hunter model , they are hard to find compared to the blued ones. I would say yes to original, as the movement was probably cased by the selling jeweller and he installed the hands

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Very nice whether original or not.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Totally agree and nothing but 'academic'. Those are gorgeous on that watch.

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
posted
Thanks. I'll post a couple more pics.

posted
Movement

posted
Damasceened gears

IHC Member 2030
posted
That is sweet Dennis
Would like to imagine the gold hands were an option. Very attractive in some applications.
The treatment of the gears is exceptional.
Thanks for sharing
Mike

Posts: 1114 | Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia in the USA | Registered: February 08, 2015