• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

W.H. Ferry "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I was wondering how many of this pocketwatch are known and, for future reference, what would one of these be worth. I bought it at an auction roughly 10 years ago from the estate of the daughter of w very wll respected lawyer and judge from my hometown who practiced there for over 40 years.......There is a very good story that goes about the owner...not so much the history of the pocketwatch,,,thank you

Posts: 7 | Location: Charter Oak, Iowa in the USA | Registered: July 29, 2020
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hello Matthew,

A nice piece, a member here Rick Hufnagel is right into research on the early Elgin's so he might be along later to give you some detail.

I do not know that much about them but production for this model should be around 500 only (in 2 production runs), it should be a Grade 17 Class 4 W.H.Ferry (slow train or 16,200bph) produced somewhere around 1875. It is interesting that it has a gold balance as a lot of these I see were nickel. As for price I will leave that to othersSmile

All the Best,
Bila

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
posted
Smile

posted
Nice catch on the gold balance Bila.

I can't give you much more than what you have read in these two threads, sorry. I've not seen any written material on these.

I will say that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if that second run was not marked Ferry. Especially with that gold balance.

Posts: 90 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: December 07, 2019
posted
I am planning on selling it.......what should I ask for it> thanks

IHC Member 1610
Picture of Harry J. Hyaduck Sr.
posted
I see you have posted on two post you want to know the value of this watch. I doubt very seriously you will get a value. Nobody knows. List is on ebay and start it at 99 cents and see how much you can get for it and be sure to list the info you got from this site in the description. Good luck.

Harry

Posts: 3850 | Location: Georgia in the USA | Registered: September 22, 2011