Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Ingersoll Micky Mouse? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Sheila Gilbert
posted
Hi,

I purchased this "Cover" to an Ingersoll Micky Mouse Watch a long time ago, and wondered if anyone has a picture of the actual Pocket Watch?

I have never seen a real one. (The entire watch)

Post a picture if you have one PLEASE!

Sheila

Micky1

Posts: 3094 | Location: La Plata, Maryland U.S.A. | Registered: May 22, 2004
posted
None of the pictures are very good.......

Sheila

Micky2

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Hi Sheila,

You have correctly identified the source. Shown in the image below are the two early versions of Mickey Mouse pocket watches. The earliest one, shown on the right is easily recognizable by having a higher stem and larger diameter case. To my eye it is the more desirable, but of course condition is everything.

Close examination will show the heavy paper dials, painted metal hands and rotating mice on the seconds register. Here is a related topic about these interesting watches...

Let's see your Character Watches! by Sparky Ann Elizabeth Riddle

Mickey Mouse pocket watches are the height of cool...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
posted
Sheila, Please be advised. These early MM watches are some of the most copied and faked. It is rather easy for a good forger to make up a nice enough looking dial, fabricate hands and pass it off as original. A knowledgeable character watch collector can spot these fakes quickly. The scam artists prey on the uninformed.

BTW. Your cover might be of real interest to a collector of MM watches. It might bring the same price that an Illinois aluminum case would bring to an Illinois collector.

Tom

posted
Lindell,

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and the link to the other watches. Really nice.

Tom,
Thanks for the great input, and the MM is safe, because I haven't started on any of them yet.

I only knew this was an Ingersoll because it said so on the case back.

It was so nasty when I got it, dirty and almost black, lots of ripples in it, cleaned up it's still bumpy, but you can at least see Micky now.

Sheila