• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Hamilton 992 in Salesman display case "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Hello, I have a very interesting Hamilton 992 serial number 1108187 that is in a swing out case case has the large crown, with the round style bow and looks like the Hamilton style salesman display case with the snap on covers. The movements nickle plates have a gold tone, and the winding wheel, winding crown, click, micrometric regulator, and all the movements screws have a heat treated or blued appearance. Is it possible this was all factory done? I've never seen anything like it! I'd appreciate any info on this Hamilton. Thanks Ed

Posts: 2 | Location: Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 07, 2011
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Hello Edward and welcome to our group here at IHC185....

From the serial number, according to the Gelson list your watch is a 992L made in 1915....
and from your description it has been recased, but, if anyway possible, give us some photo's to look at and this way we may be able to comment or give you advice....we love photo's....

Thanks for stopping by and again, welcome to the club....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
There is the possibility that it might be the gold flashed 992 mentioned in the price guide, or if you search "gold flashed 992" on this site I saw a couple photos of them.

As Jerry said photos would really help.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Hi, well I tried to load pictures, but the upload exceeds the maximum allowed size. I don't know how to correct this to upload the pictures. Thanks Ed

Posts: 2 | Location: Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 07, 2011
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Hi Ed

You might check out some of these topics that offer suggestions on how to re-size your photos so they will fit.

These topics are covered on the main page under the topic "How to Photograph your Watches & Clocks", here is a link to them;

https://ihc185.infopop.cc/eve/f...s/a/frm/f/7356029761

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007