• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Watch pocket "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I found these Dockers pants on the clearance rack at a local store. They're ideal for carrying a pocket watch. There's a loop attached to the waist band slightly to the right of the right rear pocket and it's just the right size to hook a spring ring into. The pocket will hold a 16-sz watch (Howard RR chronometer used for illustation)but it's a tight fit so a 12 or 14-sz would be a better fit.

Posts: 676 | Location: Oak Ridge, Tennessee USA | Registered: December 08, 2002
posted
I wear Wrangler, blue jeans. I carried a 16sz for some years and always suspected that an 18sz would be a touch too big.

Not so! The watch pocket will easily accomodate the bigger watch and there's a belt loop, near the pocket that's handy for the chain.

Posts: 986 | Location: Flagstaff, Arizona USA | Registered: June 19, 2005
posted
I wear jeans most of the time but thought the Dockers would be good for non-jeans occasions.

posted
Pantalon intéressant. Big Grin

Larry

Posts: 225 | Location: Belmont, Wisconsin USA | Registered: April 09, 2004
posted
John,

Cool way to enjoy your watches. One question. How in the world do you see them? If you are reaching behind your back to get the watch? The chain there doesn't look long enough to bring around to view. You do have me curious though.

John

posted
John,
The watch pocket is on the front on the pants, in the same position as jeans watch pockets, in the general area of the hip bone. The opening for the right hand pocket is underneath the loop in the chain.

Picture of Clyde Roper
posted
Thanks for the timely post, John.

Now that I am back into the pocket watch carrying business in a big way with my new 992B, I have been looking into some 'other than jeans' trousers with watch pockets.

I have a lead on some interesting vintage mens trousers that should do nicely, and I will report back when and if I am successful in getting some to try out. Smile

Posts: 203 | Location: North Carolina in the USA | Registered: December 05, 2006
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
Dockers drive me nuts. Roll EyesYou really have to dig through their trouser displays, as they use a lot of different manufacturers to make their products. Some have the pocket, but most don't. I grab them when they do, but lately it's been a pretty dry spell in finding them, and even then the pocket size goes all over the scale. I've bought them where they'd hold my largest 18s, then then next pair, I'm lucky to squeeze in a 12s.

Get when you see them, folks. They're not all that common! This is YEARS of experience talking!

Regards! Mark

Posts: 3832 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002