Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Blacksmith Shop Repair? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Dave Turner
posted
How do you like this repair job?

(I didn't do it, I just found it on the bay.)

Dave Turner

Posts: 1979 | Location: Wilson, North Carolina in the USA | Registered: November 15, 2011
IHC Member 1613
posted
Nice...LOL

Posts: 2006 | Location: Chesapeake City, Maryland in the USA | Registered: September 27, 2011
IHC Member 163
Picture of Mark Cross
posted
From all appearances, a Swiss fake (looking at the regulator), so thankfully no real 'loss' here. WONDERFUL work! I think I've seen this guys work before. Roll Eyes

Regard! Mark

Posts: 3831 | Location: Estill Springs, Tennessee, USA | Registered: December 02, 2002
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
This poor abused, butchered up wreck belongs to me, and it came to me in this condition some years ago with some other stuff, and it's hard to believe it will run for a little bit when shaken.

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Dave, I have moved this post out of pitfalls and over here to the pocket watch forum where it belongs. We are trying to keep these posts in the right forums. Thanks

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Gary, a decent burial may serve to preserve it for future historians. Is the case usable?

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Picture of Gary E. Foster
posted
Dave, case is missing everything except frame, back and bezel. I was going to add a link, but then this would have to moved back to pitfalls. I've suggested this be used for a practice movement.
Gary

Posts: 1012 | Location: Western Pennsylvania in the USA | Registered: February 17, 2007