Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Info on Illinois Keywind "George Washington" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1555
posted
Hi All,

Not long purchased this watch, marked "Geo Washington" Keywind & Keyset Serial#338072, just wondering if it is the one mentioned in the guide? My Illinois database cd and another database website says that it is a Currier, was there a scattering of these Geo Washington marked watches throught out these Currier Runs and if so are they a scarce variety?

Thanks in advance,
Bila

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Geo Washington Dial

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
The Gold Book specifically refers to this Geo, Washington "With the Flowers" as an 11 jewel Columbia Movement done by Illinois watch Co.

Snyder brings this into better focused as being a 13 Jewel movement of some scarcity c.a. 1883

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks David, I have had some people refer to these as a private label, what's your opinion on this?

Cheers,
Bila

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Illinois manufactured some Washington Signed watches for A.C.Becken of Chicago. The watch you have is separately listed without reference to a named distributor. As the Dial says Illinois Watch Co., I would speculate that it could be an actual Illinois Watch Co. Model designation.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
Info greatly appreciated David, a wealth of information you have, thank you.

Cheers,
Bila