• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Seth Thomas PW "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Does any one know any thing more about this Seth Thomas. I know it is around the 1887 as it is stamped on the base plate Pat'D DEC 87 the serial number is 87941....

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
posted
I will answer my own topic.
Seth Thomas Model 2 Hunting- 3/4 plate (cutaway) Size 18.
Thanks to David whom send me the jpegs on the Seth Thomas, I found out the information pretty quick once i took the time to read it. Now to get it fixed, if any one has parts for this watch let me know please.

IHC Member 179
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Harold Visser
posted
Francis, this one is a bit unusual as it seems to have capped escape wheeljewels. Parts, especially the proper escape wheel are going to be very hard to come by. The escape wheel will need to have conical pivots and since the 18/19 jewel versions of the Mdl.2 such as this one are very rare, it will be difficult. Being adjusted, translates to finer (smaller) balance wheel pivots, another tough find.
Does it have the double sunk dial?
If it was complete, it would be a very desireable movement to own.

Posts: 352 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
According to the Guide, the Model 2 19J-21J "Henry Molineaux" (same as this but for a name) is a three star rare watch. Please reply what you have as far as parts. I do see the Pallet Fork in your picture, and that is a good start. As the plate screws are out, have you more parts for this that are "loose"?

This one you have came from a 100 piece run so it would be most interesting to see how many more were ever made! I am guessing that it is a 3 star or better, and eminently worth restoring.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
Dial

posted
Having a better look at the parts the Center Wheel bottom pivot is broken off. The rest of the parts seem to be in good working order. But the bottom balance wheel jewel do not have a hole in it, it seems that there is only one jewel. Also the Jewel on the balance wheel is non existance. The Cannon has the end of the balance pivot broken off in it and that is rusted together with the hands.

Dave I looked at the Henry Molineux beautiful piece of craftmanship.
This may be a stupid question, did any one else make after market parts for the Seth Thomas line of PW?