WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Oddball "Illinios Watch Case Co" 16 Size Watch, Export Market??? Who Made It???
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Oddball "Illinios Watch Case Co" 16 Size Watch, Export Market??? Who Made It??? "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1555
posted
Would someone be able to shed some light on the origins of this watch, it is marked "Illinois Watch Case Co" on the dial and movement, Serial 3015873, possibly for the export market.

Posts: 2265 | Location: Gladstone in Australia | Registered: January 14, 2011
IHC Member 1555
posted
Movement.

IHC Member 1650
posted
It looks like a Waltham model 1888 to me. I couldn't find any examples with a balance cock like that, though - with no jewel screws.

Doug

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2011
posted
that one says illinois watch CASE co. , it has to be a "fake" , and I am really intrigued !

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
That movement was made by Ingersoll/Trenton for a short time attempt by Illinois watch case company to sell their cases with a movement. The plate cuts are a direct copy of the Waltham 1888 series. I/T had a habit of copying many of the more popular brand plate cuts.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
Thanks everyone for the info. David have you seen many of these, this is the first I have seen in 8-10 years of collecting?

Cheers

IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
These movements marked as Illinois Watch Case Co AND with the coresponding signed dial are quite rare. The good thing is that if you have an extra 10 or 20 year 16 size Illinois Case with a early long neck, you would be able to make a quasi-correct" collectible. I had two of these, one cased, and I was able to restore one and sell it . . . sadly I cannot find the pictures.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Member 1555
posted
I actually have the case it come in David, thanks for the info.

Cheers

posted
You came out alright ! good deal

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
I am thinking this is a "hunter" movement, is that correct Bila ?

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1555
posted
Yes Buster it is.