• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Bunn Special "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I just bought a 18s bunn special movement off ebay. Will someone please post a photo of the proper case that the movement goes in... Thank you in advance....
Mike Keirsey.............

Posts: 38 | Location: Northeast Ohio in the USA | Registered: July 28, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
I am sure there are others that know a lot more about these than me, but I think the 18s Bunn Specials were made from something like 1895-1923 & just about any case made during that time would be proper.

Looking at old ads each seller sold which ever case they carried, some mentioned in their ads are Keystone "Jas Boss", Crescent "Planet", Philadelphia "Royal"

Here are a few photos of 18s Bunn Specials & cases.

Hope this helps some.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
On the 18s it is whatever case the customer liked, the cased-timed type movement-cases did not happen until at least the later part of the 20's by them most 18s movements were mostly toasted by the massive movement to 16 size watches in RR regulations. Some may add a bit better time lines but I think even into the 30's some movements still were shipped uncased and the case was chosen at the time of sale. Offhand I can't recall any 18 size cases that have marked inside them "cased in time by ????? or anything on those lines.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
posted
Thank you verry much.It will be easey to find a nice 18s generic case.
Mike Keirsey...............

Posts: 38 | Location: Northeast Ohio in the USA | Registered: July 28, 2009
posted
My 23 jewel bunn special 60 hour is cased in a keystone two-tone 173 with a factory patterned back. Does this enhance its value? How many styles of patterned backs exist?

Thanks,
John d

Posts: 27 | Location: Cohoes, New York in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2010