• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

The #1 Reason Why not to PRY "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Here is a picture of the #1 reason why not to pry on something if you can't figure it out. Roll Eyes I will be listing this 18s Ferguson dial shortly, but figured I would share a picture here first. Looks like someone tried to pry the dial off without loosening the screws. The majority of the damage is directly above the dial feet. What a shame!

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Ouch ! talk about a crying shame .

Posts: 110 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana U.S.of A. | Registered: April 29, 2006
E. Howard Expert
Picture of Dr. Clint Geller
posted
The person who did this could probably present it to the IRS as a "receipt for tuition."

Clint Razz

Posts: 219 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 10, 2003
posted
Now that is a fascinating idea, one painful and expensive lesson well remembered.Does BC/BS pay for pain and suffering I wonder. Smile

Posts: 110 | Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana U.S.of A. | Registered: April 29, 2006
posted
Never thought of that Big Grin

I can't imagine what the person went through that actually did it! Everytime I look at it, I can barely stand it Mad I wonder if they were upset, or just through it aside as another victim. Confused Atleast I knew it was in that condition when I bought it. Anyway, it is now up for auction and I will also be listing some other movements if anyone is interested. A nice E. Howard will be up shortly.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
I always try to be philosophical of the many errors I have made and have yet to make on life's path,to look on the positive side and say to myself that great mistakes can have great value if one is only wise enough to stop and reflect and learn but in this case I think I would get rid of that puppy ASAP and try not to think of it ever again Smile

E. Howard Expert
Picture of Dr. Clint Geller
posted
Let's hope the person who did this was a baker or a painter and not a surgeon.

Clint

Posts: 219 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA | Registered: May 10, 2003