• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

My Latest Pick "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I got this safe from my soon to be grandmother-in-law (for free for getting it out of her garage at that!) I had looked at it once about a year ago and didn't think anything about it. About two months ago she had asked me to look at it and see if it could be moved. It did not look to be much from the outside, but...

Posts: 1626 | Location: North Dakota in the USA | Registered: December 09, 2009
posted
As I o0pened the front door, I saw an ever so familiar name on the inside of the door! Yes, "Bankers Dustproof Timelock Company". I have a few running movements of these, but had yet to see a safe with one in person!

posted
Of course at this point, I was very excited for the find, was hoping I had run into one with a couple south bend movements inside! to a little of my disapointment, there were three Illinois movements behind door number two. Still very exciting, but was hoping to run into the more scarce south bend movements!

posted
To say the least, a very well made safe with years of life left. Maybe someday I will be able to afford to have someone restore the beauty back to original. Until then, it will be used for some personal type files in my own garage!

IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Jared,

You may find this interesting. You should give that safe a nice paint job...it looks very heavy and secure.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Cool item Jared!

My grandfather attended that 1904 exposition. Made a big trip on the train with his buddies. The only time he traveled outside the state of Maine in his life. Cool

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
Boy that is a beauty, would sure look good restored. Do you have the serial #'s of the movements. Thanks for showing it to us.

Posts: 1499 | Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California USA | Registered: December 20, 2006