Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

A Hamilton "Porth" I gotta Be Nuts "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
In fishing around the eBay back lot, I found a "Porth" watch. Like I rally need another 974. But if it is half as good as the pictures, it is a fine double-signed Private Label 974 c.a. 1906. Only thing that references Hamilton (if you know that is what it is.) is the serial number.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Nice "catch" Dave Big Grin

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
Picture of Edward Kitner
posted
Dave,
I was looking at that watch last night. Talked myself out of bidding on it. It sure is a looker.

Posts: 1488 | Location: New York State in the USA | Registered: March 04, 2008
posted
Coming from a Hami lover, that IS a very nice watch.
Congratulations!

IHC Member 1193

Posts: 216 | Location: Key Biscayne, Florida in the USA | Registered: October 21, 2008
IHC Member 1124
posted
Grate find, David! PORTH is one of the top brands in the business!

Ha, ha. Who knew?

Seriously, another sleeper you dug up. Looks like a real clean beauty. And that case! Don't know how you do it. Congrats.

©harles

Posts: 134 | Location: South New Jersey in the USA | Registered: April 11, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
I Gotta Be nuts, I hope this one turns up, the pics are fuzzy but (going by s/n 2658403) it is supposed to be a hunter cased Gr 806 Santa Fe Special. (The guy sold a 50's vintage factory compass for Chevy's @ $806.00 so I know there are more nuts than me around! Roll Eyes

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
posted
I've got w watch with the very same eagle design on the back.

Posts: 827 | Location: Bloomington, Illinois in the USA | Registered: September 29, 2008