Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Please Help with this Waltham Watch "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
A friend has asked me to identify and hopefully
"price" this watch for him. He is thinking of selling it to a private person but does not have a clue what to ask for it
Working just fine. Keeping good time. Given to him by his Grandfather.

Movement SN/16326851 - A.W.W.Co Waltham MAss
Case SN/9516924 - Philadelphia Watch Case Co
Date the Watch?
Is it something special?
Retail Price of this watch. (private sale)??
What is # on outer bezel = 9516924
Definitely Gold Filled

Posts: 15 | Location: Massachusetts in the USA | Registered: March 17, 2012
posted
Another Picture of the Waltham

posted
And another pic

posted
And another

IHC Member 1016
posted
This is a 15 Jewel, Grade 620, model 1899. It was made in approximately 1907. The price guide has it at about $100. The condition is pretty good, but this is a very common watch.
They were/are very good watches, but certainly not rare. I bought one recently for $25 at an antique show, but it wasn't running. Hope this helps.

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Frances, that # on the outer bezel, as you put it, is the same # as on the case rear cover letting you know the cover and case frame do in fact go together....if the numbers were different then that would indicate someone had changed the rear cover of the case and would be a big negative for the watch....

From the looks of the watch movement it would appear that this watch is in original condition as it was when it came from the factory and would add to the value of the watch....it is unfortunant that your friend needs to sell his 'Grand Father's' watch....

We hope this helps you and your friend....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008

posted
Frances,

The movement is a common make, but the Gold filled case and minty dial add to the value of the watch. IMHO, the watch holds a value of between 60-80$ in running condition.

V/r

Jon

Posts: 7178 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: November 11, 2011
posted
Thank you to all who responded on this.
I kinda thought this was the case. As clean as it is, I suspected it was a common watch.

Jerry, he has another one from his Grandfather that was handed down to his father and now to him. I think when I show him this he will have seconds thoughts about selling it.
Thanks again fella's...I really do love this group. You all are always so willing to help and are super friendly to this old lady novice.

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Well, we certainly try to be as friendly as we possibly can, Frances, and we hope that your friend is sucessful and rewarded as much as possible for his efforts....

Just so you are aware, the book value of this watch is: ABP - $75.00, Ex-Fn - $125.00 & Mint - $300.00....

We also hope that you come back to visit us real soon....

Best Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
posted
Hello again, Franny. Welcome to our club. Smile

Fran and I "met" on eBay and I suggested she stop by and visit our humble site.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008