WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Fahy's 16 size Bristol 14K wgf case with black enamel "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I picked this case up off ebay with a 7 jewel Elgin stuffed in it. One I was a bit surprised I got it for the price I paid and two I wondered why someone would stuff a 7j movement in it.
The case is in extremely good condition with just a bit of black enamel missing from the bezel that should be an easy fix.
I have not seen too many Fahy's cases like this and felt that stuffing a nice Elgin Veritas grade 375 might look good in it.
Is this a typical case or a bit different than most Fahy's "RR" cases?

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009
IHC Member 1110
posted
Wow Claude, thats a beautiful case.I've never seen that style before, must be late 20's-early 30's.That is a keeper for sure!Best regards, Ted.

Posts: 1323 | Location: Lebanon, Connecticut USA | Registered: March 28, 2008
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Very sharp Claude. The style of the case reminds me of a Bunn Special 1st model case.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
IHC Life Member
posted
quote:
I wondered why someone would stuff a 7j movement in it.

It's not that uncommon. Those who needed a good and reliable time keeper, bought a RR grade movement and saved money on the case. Those who wanted to show off, bought a fancy case and saved money on a cheap movement.
Regards, Krister

Posts: 375 | Location: Backaryd, Sweden | Registered: April 19, 2009