• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

23J 18K E. Howard "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
Have had this for quite some time. Just got around to taking some pictures. They don't give prizes like this away anymore.

Adam

Posts: 311 | Location: Near Youngstown, Ohio USA | Registered: January 11, 2006
posted
Back of case. Bad Picture. Case is very clean.

posted
Back open

posted
Closer pic of engraving.

posted
Howard case markings

posted
movement

Picture of Joel W. Sarich
posted
Congratulations, Adam! You have a very fine example of a series "O" Howard. This is the one with the ruby banking pins. You bet they don't give this kind of prize out today. If a prizs of this nature is given out today, you can bet it's not made in the old U.S.A. anymore! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Cheers!
Joel

Posts: 286 | Location: Northern Ohio in the USA | Registered: February 13, 2005
posted
Joel,

Thanks for the reply. You are correct. It also came with a 14K solid gold chain & fob with 4 diamonds in it. Chain is approx. 14" long and also has the persons initials on it. Must have been a heck of a contest. Big Grin

Adam

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Nice watch that one is a keeper Wink Question about the ruby banking pins what is the pros for using them, they seem like they would break easier than the normal pins.

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Marketing ... it was an easy way to get to 23j

IHC Life Member
Picture of Robert V. Jones
posted
Thanks Charles I figured that was the reason that is why I am posting this high jeweled movement. Razz Adam don't take offence this is a joke watch rather than comparission to your beauty. I just got a chuckle when he said added jewels, how many jewels in this one. Big Grin

Posts: 3468 | Location: Cleveland, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: February 03, 2006
posted
Robert,

No offense taken Big Grin Never seen one quite like that before! Someone spent a lot of time on it. I wonder what they planned on doing with it? Perhaps just boredome, but maybe try to sell as original? You never know. I have seen a lot of interesting things get sold as original. Thanks for sharing it. Always interesting to see other creations.

Adam