Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Howard series 11 case question "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1357
posted
Since this is a snap on dial movt.does it require a special case to fit properly?I have movt#1183966 16s. I am having a dickens of a time putting it in a case.With dial off everything is fine but put dial on and then the front bezel will not screw down.I have tried keystone case,ball case,swingout cresent case and spartan case.Any suggestions? Regards Roger

Posts: 4094 | Location: Carbon, Texas in the USA | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Member 1541
Picture of Lorne Wasylishen
posted
Roger, about the stick on dials I know nothing. I have a Howard Series 10 and a Howard #10 but assume they have dials with feet as I am not yet brave enough to remove anything but a Time Ball Special from it's case.

It does say on P. 264 of the 2011 Price Guide that all Keystone Howards were cased and timed at the factory as a complete watch only. Both of my watches are in Howard cases so I am going to guess that you need a Howard case.

That is what I think I know and if wrong I am sure someone can enlighten us both.

Posts: 2093 | Location: British Columbia in Canada | Registered: March 02, 2011
IHC Member 1357
posted
Lorne,yor are correct.The movt.with dial on measures 43.30mm and the largest case i.d I have measures 42.33mm.On the hunt for the proper case.Wish me luck..Regards Roger

IHC Member 1291
Picture of Buster Beck
posted
We covered this over in the repair section a few weeks ago...

I was under the impression that you had the Howard swing out case for your watch. The later style Howard BoC case will not fit your mvmt with the snap on dials, they will need to be the Howard swing ring cases to fit your model 11 mvmt. They were cased at the factory in those specific cases.

All the generic cases will not work for the most part. Some of the JBoss railroader cases will work, but they won't be correct for your watch, but they will look nice.

regards,
bb

Posts: 6376 | Location: Texas in the USA | Registered: July 27, 2009
IHC Member 1357
posted
Thanks for the info.Buster. Regards Roger