Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Columbus Railway King With Issues "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
what a crying shame the dial is so badly broken,I haven't had it in hand yet to see the movement type or condition but soon I hope Confused

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Well, at least a lot of the chunks that have come out are still there. Perhaps if you can glue them back in it won't look so bad.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
I had one like that come in the other day,not a Columbus dial, but damaged like that, asked the seller to take it off and send it wrapped alone in bubble, but it come in a box with a mishmash of other parts....I bought Dial enamel so i could do repairs but dont people think before the post such items???? I DO.....

Posts: 375 | Location: Brisbane in Australia | Registered: January 24, 2010
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Tom, it will be interesting to know if all the pieces are there when you receive it, becaues as Ed points out, it may be possible to make it at least presentable....

Francis, unfortunately, it is not a matter of thinking before packing something like this or the one you received, it is a matter of 'careing'....there are sellers that do not 'care' what happens when it is out of their hands, it is folks like us that do most of the 'careing'....

Good luck to both of you in repairing your dials....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
#2 it is now in hand running like a dream,in a gorgeous Fortune GF case winged gear symbol ser.# 234117 with a locomotive on the back Big Grin does anyone know how many jewels???

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
#3 locomotive on case back

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted