• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Any 2-Tone Waltham '88 ? "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I have just seen a two tone '88. I have never seen one before. I know Lindell has one, but how common are they?

Posts: 767 | Location: Los Osos, California USA | Registered: December 12, 2002
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Waltham Riverside 1888 Model 5075485 from 1891 production...

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
Picture of Tom McIntyre
posted
Both the Riverside and the Royal grades were made in two tone finish.

The Waltham records list the first Riverside at 4986501 and there appear to be 8 runs that are either entirely or "a few made" listed.

I have found them to be fairly common in the Riverside grade.

When Pat Caruso fitted the Cole's escapement to my 88 model we chose a two tone Riverside because it was pretty but not a technically important movement.

Some are both two tone and non magnetic. Those are probably scarce.

Posts: 633 | Location: Boston, Massachusetts USA | Registered: November 25, 2002
posted
Lindell, I have a 15J, Riverside with exactly the same pattern as yours. Yours is marked adjusted and mine is not. Mine is in the 9 million range.

Tom

Picture of Jim McKinney
posted
Mine (6614205 - ca, 1893)) has the same pattern as well but is marked 17 jewels and adjusted. It also has the gold "star" regulator.

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern Virginia in the U.S.A. | Registered: April 10, 2004
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
I was delighted to pick up a waltham model 88 riverside at our local chapter meeting yesterday. It looks exactly like to one Lindell posted in this thread except for the serial number-4970568. Smile

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC Life Member
Wristwatch Host
Picture of Tony Dukes
posted
Hey Guys,
How many of you have a waltham model 1888? In imho this is one beauty of a movement. What say you.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia in the U.S.A. | Registered: August 01, 2003
IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Tony and I talked about our similar watches earlier today. Turns out Tony's is a hunter and mine (scroll to the image shown above) is open-face but otherwise identical.

Cool movements!

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002