Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

15 Jewel Elgin "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
Grade 223, 1900, 15jewel watch, 0size. Never carried, in original blue box.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of John D. Duvall
posted
Wayne,

That is a little beauty! Do you have a picture of the movement, chain and box? Where did you find this one?

Posts: 1123 | Location: Arizona U.S.A. | Registered: January 21, 2003
posted
Hi Wayne, Great find. I found one like that about 20 years ago with an absolutely perfect case--still in the little cloth bag. Got mine at a gold dealer. He got it with some gold watches. He would hold all movements and gold filled watches for me to look at and buy. Was a great resource until the gold boom ended, and he closed up. BTW, mine cost me $3 in 1985.

Tom

Picture of Wayne C. Anderson
posted
John D.
Was not able to get a good movement photo, or of the chain & box...owned by a man I have know for 50+ years, belonged to his mother. He also has his Aunts 7Jewel Elgin with a similar dial, and another 18Size watch, all in like new conditon. But they are not for sale! But I will keep hoping someday.

Posts: 886 | Location: Nebraska, in the U.S.A. Heartland | Registered: November 22, 2002