• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Keystone Howard series 5 "Click" to Login or Register 
posted

Here is another Howard but this one's a keystone, series 5,19 jewel,lever set,mongomery dial I just like howards.

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
IHC Vice President
Pitfalls Moderator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Edward L. Parsons, Jr.
posted
Nice watch Mike. I love the radial marginal minute numerals on these Keystone Howards.

Best Regards,

Ed

Posts: 6696 | Location: Southwestern Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 19, 2004
posted
I read some were that Howard did the marinal minute numbers so they did not have to pay montgomery due to his patent I mite of saw that here or at another forum has any one ever heard that before?

Posts: 523 | Location: Northern California in the USA | Registered: November 23, 2008
posted
I misspelled marginal how do you edit after you post?

IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mike

If you look at your post you will see a little file folder with a pencil & eraser in the lower right corner, click on that will let you edit or delete your post.

Also welcome to the club, I noticed your new membership number!

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Thanks Tom for the info

Site Administrator
IHC Life Member
Picture of Phillip Sanchez
posted
Welcome Mike, We are pleased to have you here with us. Smile

Posts: 4975 | Location: North Georgia Mountains in the U.S.A. | Registered: March 31, 2006
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Any of the "Numeric" dials which did not have the "6" in the seconds chapter skipped our on the $0.25 fee that Mr. Montgomery was reportedly asking for his design patented dial.

The nifty thing about the Howard was their semi "swiss" orientation of the numeric minute prints. Elgin (for5 example) simply "copied" the Monty and left the "6" out.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007