Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Nice Illinois, comments sought NEW PHOTOS ADDED "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1016
posted
Just picked this up locally at a gun show today. I admit I cosmetically whizzed it and installed a NOS crystal. What do you think?

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
#2 The movement is nicely marked

Posts: 3112 | Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon in the USA | Registered: October 13, 2007
IHC Member 1016
posted
another dial shot, through the crystal

IHC Member 1016
posted

IHC Member 1016
posted
#5 I didn't have a 173 case but now I do.

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Awesome Mike....everything looks to be absolutely correct on it and it is a nice example. Did you rob someone at gunpoint for it?

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Member 1016
posted
quote:
Did you rob someone at gunpoint for it?

Almost, but not quite.
The book says $1500 low. If I paid near that was I taken?

IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
I don't know what anyone else thinks, Mike, but I don't think you were taken at all....Don't know what you intend to do with it but sparkle it up a bit and you will turn a profit on it if you re-sell it, I'm sure....it is a very nice looking piece as it is now....nice find....

Regards,

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of Larry Lamphier
posted
Mike, there is no way you gat taken on that one!!!

Take that dial and soak it to get the dirt out of the hairlines, and polish the case up a little, and you have a really nice example of a 163.

Jerry is right, you could turn a VERY nice profit on that one!! Smile

Regards,
Larry

Posts: 2733 | Location: Northeastern United States | Registered: February 28, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
Beautiful watch, Mike!

Posts: 149 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: September 23, 2009
IHC Member 1016
posted
Thanks to all who looked and responded. I soaked the dial and it looks better.

IHC Member 1016
posted
Case does show wear with a small brass ring beginning. But still pretty nice.

IHC Life Member
posted
That is a beauty. Good find!

Posts: 1078 | Location: Ticonderoga, New York USA | Registered: March 01, 2008