WWT Shows CLICK TO: Join and Support Internet Horology Club 185™ IHC185™ Forums

• Check Out Our... •
• TWO Book Offer! •
Welcome Aboard IHC185™     Internet Horology Club 185    IHC185™ Discussion Site Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Horological Discussions, Questions and Answers  Hop To Forums  Pocket Watch Discussions    Can anyone ID this private label commercial Standard E.F.Davis Tillsonburg
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Can anyone ID this private label commercial Standard E.F.Davis Tillsonburg "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Can anyone ID this private label commercial Standard E.F.Davis Tillsonburg

Just picked this one up ,any information would be welcome

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Posts: 1746 | Location: Aylmer, Ontario in Canada | Registered: December 15, 2009
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Tom:

Tillsonburg is a major junction point on the New York Central (Southern Ontario Lines) Canadian Pacific, and Canadian National Railways lines, as the Canadian Eastern Railways map that I have attached, I had a friend who used to work with in Calgary who came from there in the 1950s, he told me that there is lots of farming in the area, and canning factories there. I see that your from Alymer only 60 miles away and that the Wabash Railroad used to run through your community, I remember Alymer canned tomatoes, and soups from growing up, they were good products and I sure miss them. Nice private-label!

Larry

Posts: 3370 | Location: Okotoks Alberta Canada | Registered: November 22, 2002
IHC Member 1335
Picture of Tom Brunton
posted
Aylmer is 17 miles from Tillsonburg,Larry,and I've gone there three days a week for 7 years for dialysis at the Tillsonburg Hospital,and six years before that to London Health Sciences. Frown

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Hello Tom:

Here is a identical private-label dial, that I bought a couple of months ago marked "CH Ward & Co. Commercial, Standard, London, Ont." what I find unique about these dials is that they imitate the Ball Watch Co. logos they used for their "Official RR Standard" and "Commercial Standard" dials, the movements are very similar with the same style of regulator, I would say Swiss made, the big difference I see is the click and its positioning, yours looks more like an Illinois Getty half-moon shaped click. I made a typo on the distance from Tillsonburg to Alymer, I meant to put in 16 miles. I grow weary of hospitals I've been bouncing in and out of them like a ping-pong ball this summer with catheter problems and UTIs, getting old really *****, doesn't it, but I guess it's better than the alternative.

Railway Historian
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator
Picture of Larry Buchan
posted
Tom:

Here is a photo of the movement, could you please post the pictures of your Canadian private-label on my thread, I will get some better photos of mine from London, Ontario for comparison.

Larry