Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Timing & Repeating Watch Co. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
I pulled this one from my safe deposit box this morning. It's one of the few watches in my collection that is unrelated to Hamilton. But it is related to my family -- it was my grandfather's watch. He was an immigrant from Québec who settled in Stafford Springs, CT, in the late 1890s. One of his many professions during his long life was as a small-time (and lightweight) boxer in New England around 1900-1910. For his 'professional' name he took on an Anglicized pseudonym, "Pete Reynolds," to mask his immigrant status. According to family lore, he won this watch in a boxing match.

It's a pretty basic chronograph -- no registers -- but at least it does have a flyback mechanism to reset the central second hand.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
The case back is a bit uneven, my grandfather really knocked this watch around for a few years.

Posts: 183 | Location: Corte Madera, California USA | Registered: March 31, 2005
IHC Member 500
Wristwatch Expert
Picture of René Rondeau
posted
And the movement. I think it's time for a cleaning....

IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Here is the Timing and Repeating Geneva I have just finished.

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003
IHC Life Member
Certified Watchmaker
Picture of Chris Abell
posted
Shame about the chip

Posts: 2625 | Location: Northeast Texas in the USA | Registered: November 20, 2003