Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Is this a 5 star Bunn on rarity. "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of Eugene Buffard
posted
Here is a link to 17 Jewel Bunn that I show only 90 where made. What are your thoughts. 5 STAR??? Serial # 50894
5 STAR

Would this be the correct dial also.

Posts: 3323 | Location: Illinois in the USA | Registered: July 06, 2010
IHC Life Member
posted
If some one that is smarter than me on a computer could post a photo. Much gratitude would be appreciated. Big Grin

IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
My info says 83 made but that it was a 17 jewel. Here is a photo from the listing.

Steve

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
It Sold at $106.00, I hope that is one of us that won it. Interesting this is that the #16 & #17 Jewels are for the 5th Pinion! The center wheel is un-jewelled.

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007
IHC Life Member
posted
Sorry Dave I forgot to mention I was the high bidder and anxiously waiting to get it.
I'll try to post some photos when it arrives disassembled and where the jewels are located.
Dave I did by a Columbus today that will make it easier to match you a whip lash up.

IHC Life Member
posted
Finally Got this watch running. I still have to do a little fine tuning. The 16+ 17 Jewels are on the fifth pinion. The Dial shows it's age.

IHC Life Member
posted
E

IHC Life Member
posted
Last one

IHC President
Life Member
Picture of Lindell V. Riddle
posted

Nice work Gene,

A really important, actually fundamental part of this wonderful hobby is "saving" these important "dead-on-arrival" watches and breathing new life into them. Congratulations on this very worthwhile accomplishment my friend.

Lindell

Wink

Posts: 10553 | Location: Northeastern Ohio in the USA | Registered: November 19, 2002
IHC Life Member
Picture of David Abbe
posted
Hear Hear!

Posts: 6492 | Location: Southern California in the USA | Registered: July 19, 2007