Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Resurrection of a "No. 348" "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Member 1338
posted
This beauty came out so nice I wanted to share
with you. My watchmaker did a fantastic job bringing her back!

Saw and bought it on ebay, pretty scarce Elgin, maybe a scrapped orphan, it had decades of dust in it and would not run:

Had a beautiful silverode hunting case just waiting for it and here is 'ol "No. 348" back up
to speed. Enjoy!:

Tom Dunn...
TIME MACHINE
www.myrailroadwatch.com

Posts: 3052 | Location: Ramsey, Illinois in the USA | Registered: December 15, 2008
IHC Life Member

Picture of Jerry King
posted
Great job Tom....Turned out really nice....

Those are great watches and I know you will be pleased to add it to your collection....

Jerry

Posts: 2828 | Location: California in the USA | Registered: June 23, 2008
IHC Member 1508
posted
Simply beautiful Tom! And that case is gorgeous! Regards, Brad

Posts: 956 | Location: Wenatchee, Washington in the USA | Registered: December 14, 2010
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Tom,

A really fine Elgin is a sight to behold. Fabulous timekeepers too. ...Nice watch! Also, the dial, while not perfect, is beautiful and the hands are correct.

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
posted
The grade 348 is a bit unusual, some were up-jeweled 183 (17 to 21), some were actually produced as 348's and two runs of about 500 each were grade 149's labeled as 348's. Here is the last run of the 348's this is a relabeled 149 and only half of the run of 1000 appears to have been produced. There is another run like this but in the 10M range if my memory is correct.

These are great movements well worth bringing it back to its original glory.

Posts: 1797 | Location: Michigan in the USA | Registered: September 19, 2009