• TWO Book Offer! •
Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Waltham Date Anomalies "Click" to Login or Register 
posted
I'm currently working on a Waltham 14s chrono, serial 2469367. Wowever, the NAWACC site lists this as a model 1874 whilst Tom McIntyre's site lists it as an 1884. The bridge and levers look exactly like the 1874 example shown on p. 141 of "the Complete Guide" except that, on mine, the patent info is engraved on the plate rather than the bridge.

Can anyone confirm that this is indeed a model 1874? My problem is that I need a new staff and I can't match the existing to any I have in stock. Worse still, the Swigart and Waltham catalogues don't seem to list parts for the 1874 and I'm totally CONFUSED!

Many thanks,

Dick

Posts: 57 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: January 27, 2008
Picture of Brian C.
posted
Dick,
My Waltham parts book lists staff #7354 (large waist) and #7355 (small waist) as the staffs for the 1874 & 1884 models.
Brian C.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Epsom, New Hampshire USA | Registered: December 14, 2002
posted
Many thanks for that Brian,

Mine's a large waist so 7354 it is!

With a bit of luck that'll get her up and running. Then I've got to make up a part which appears to be a tension spring that acts against one of the pushers and hopefully she'll be OK.

Well worth the effort though, she's one of a run of 800 and should be saved.

Thanks again,

Dick

Posts: 57 | Location: Brisbane, Australia | Registered: January 27, 2008