Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Thank you Ernie Barnes! "Click" to Login or Register 
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
On June 10, I posted a request in the IHC 185 "wanted to buy or trade" section for a 992B or a Bunn Special with nice original case, dial and movement. The dial needed to be crack free and the movement scratch free. The watch is for a good friend of mine who now lives in WA. Ernie Barnes replied with an offer to sell a 60 hour 21 jewel Bunn Special with all of the requirements in place plus a very nice signed Bunn Special case to boot. The price was very fair. The watch needed a full service but we knew that going in. This superb little timepiece has just spent the better part of a week in my pocket and is currently holding a rate of +/- 2 seconds per day. This watch will see daily use as a carry timepiece ....performing as well today as when it was new.

I just want to offer my sincerest thanks to Ernie Barnes for supplying me with such a fine example of the Illinois flagship model for 1927. The acquisition and servicing of this watch through me, was my friend's Father's Day gift arranged by his wife and children.

Also a big thank you to Lindell and Debbie for managing a great forum where such treasures can be bought and sold with confidence among trusted friends; I would never have attempted such an important purchase anywhere else!

William

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Life Member
Picture of William D. White
posted
Super Fine Movement! Thanks Ernie!

Posts: 1568 | Location: San Francisco, California USA | Registered: September 01, 2008
IHC Member 1101
Site Moderator
Picture of Steve Middlesworth
posted
Very nice example and beautiful photos as well.

Posts: 1980 | Location: Kentucky in the USA | Registered: March 18, 2008
Administrative Assistant
Picture of Dr. Debbie Irvine
posted

William,

Thank you for your kind words! Smile It is nice to have IHC185 Members like you on board.

Ernest,

Thank you for helping William in his quest - very nice item.

Dr. Deborah L. Irvine
IHC Administrative Assistant
Membership and Marts Coordinator

Contact eMail: ihc185@roadrunner.com

Smile

Posts: 5256 | Location: Northern Ohio in the U.S.A. | Registered: December 04, 2002
posted
The watch sales here are the best part , I feel really comfortable buying from the members .That is one sweet watch too !

Posts: 1574 | Location: Maryland in the USA | Registered: June 04, 2015
posted
Thank you William for the kind words. Enjoy it, it is indeed a fine timepiece and I am glad it has a good home.

Posts: 785 | Location: Tijeras, New Mexico USA | Registered: July 12, 2005