Go
Find-Or-Search
Notify
Tools
Reply to Post

Who makes this GF case? "Click" to Login or Register 
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
Hi all. Picked up an 18s US Watch Co. with a very ornate gold-filled screw-cover case. The only markings are RS & Co. or it reads SR & Co. and the serial number 46522.
So my question is. Who made this case. I bought it from a Canadian seller so it maybe a maker from up these ways as it only has one set of movement screw indents from the USWCO movement.
Thank you, Roland.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
This is the ornate finishing to the back cover.

R. Glenn

Posts: 437 | Location: Ryde, Isle of Wight, United Kingdom | Registered: January 18, 2010
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
And this is the edging.

R. Glenn

posted
Sears?

Posts: 57 | Location: Southwest Michigan in the USA | Registered: November 17, 2009
posted
I dunno, Roland, but that is one sweet case Wink.

Posts: 2962 | Location: Western New York in the USA | Registered: March 24, 2008
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Looking through the books I have on trademarks & also books on watch cases I can't find that mark.

I don't know about Sears & Roebuck Co., I have a catalog from 1902 of theirs & unfortunately it doesn't show the trademark on the cases they sold, they did have a watch paper in the backs guaranteeing the plating & it is marked Sears, Roebuck & Co. They also sold the major brands of cases so I don't really know if they had any of their own

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
A Google search revealed that logo was indeed from Sears and Roebuck.
M.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
IHC Life Member
Site Moderator

Picture of Tom Brown
posted
Mike

Where did you find it at? I tried earlier but missed it.

Tom

Posts: 5107 | Location: New Mexico in the USA | Registered: January 27, 2007
posted
Next to last entry on this google page:

http://www.google.com/search?h...h&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

After you click on the correct page, scroll down for a picture of the SR&Co. label on another watch case.

Posts: 803 | Location: Knoxville, Tennessee in the USA | Registered: September 02, 2009
Picture of Roland Glenn
posted
You're awesome Mike. I never even thought of Sears & Roebuck.
Thank you.
Roland.

R. Glenn